Saturday, May 6, 2017

2014 Panini Immaculate Collection Autographs Gold #46 Bob Dernier 5/5

Cubs 8, Phillies 3
Game 25 - Tuesday Night, May 2nd in Chicago
Record - 12-13, 2nd place, 4 1/2 games behind the Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  Jeremy Hellickson got hit around for the first time in 2017 as the Cubs downed the Phillies, 8-3.

What It Means:  Moving right along . . .

What Happened:  Hellickson lasted only four innings, giving up six runs on eight hits, including three home runs.  The Phillies offense managed three runs on four hits including a first inning home run from Aaron Altherr (3).

Featured Card:  A few years ago, I showed off three of the cards I had added to my Bob Dernier personal collection from the 2014 Panini Immaculate Collection Autograph sets.  The gold version of this card is numbered to just five copies, and I recently added the 5/5 card to my collection to go with the 4/5 version I picked up in 2015.  I'm still looking for the platinum version of this card, limited to just one copy, and if you come across this card in your travels I'd love to know about it.

No comments: