Sunday, June 21, 2009

1951 Bowman #52 Dick Sisler

Happy Father's Day!

There are just a few things I'd like to thank my Dad for on this Father's Day. Thank you for taking me to the Card Doctor's in Millville. Thank you for the trips to Brokell's, Hummell's, the Old Man's and El Slobbo's. Thank you for being crazy enough to buy the 1975 Topps George Brett rookie card back when nobody spent that kind of money on a baseball card. Thank you for the Phillies games at the Vet and thank you for running onto the field to take my picture in 1982 during my batting practice with the team (even though you weren't supposed to). Thank you for the trips to the Ocean City Baseball Card shows, and thank you for the hours spent with Diamond Dust as we tried to complete the '74s or the '75s or the '76s. Thank you for the great times spent at Passaro Stadium in the back yard on 12th Street.

Thank you for the Mickey Mantle's, the Mike Schmidt's and the Enrique Romo's. Thank you for all the packs from the Wa. Thank you for the trips to Cooperstown and Disney World. Thank you for always being there, and thank you for giving me something to aspire to as I'm trying to do for my son everything you did for me.

1 comment:

Pop-Pop said...

Gulp...los more to come...Thank YOU!!!