Saturday, August 15, 2015

2015 Topps Opening Day Franchise Flashbacks #FF-18 Chase Utley

Brewers 3, Phillies 1
Game 116 - Friday night, August 14th in Milwaukee
Record - 46-70, 5th Place, 17 games behind the Mets

One Sentence Summary:  Chase Utley's four hit game wasn't enough to pace the offense in a 3-1 loss to the Brewers.

What It Means:  I would have watched this game anyway, but I specifically wanted to watch it just to see Utley in a Phillies uniform.  With the Angels, Cubs, Giants, Yankees, Dodgers and Astros all rumored to be close to acquiring him, I'm soaking in what could possibly be his last few Phillies games.

What Happened:  Before Utley's RBI single in the ninth, Phillies batters went 0 for 12 with runners in scoring position.  Adam Morgan pitched a decent game, allowing three runs over six innings and retiring the last 11 batters he faced.

Featured Card:  Since I'm most likely running out of opportunities to post Utley cards, I wanted to feature this retro-themed card from the Topps Opening Day set.  I wish Topps would put out more of these types of cards since anything that looks as if it could have come from the '60s or '70s is alright by me.  As the back of this card points out, the photo is from the Phillies Turn Back the Clock game from last June 13th against the Cubs.

No comments: