Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013 Chachi Cloth Patches

Since 2009, I've published posts before every Phillies series to spotlight the upcoming games and feature something about the Phils' opponent.  In 2009 and 2010, I created a series of team logos in circles for each series preview post.  In 2011, I got a little clever and created a series of updated custom "stickers" based on the awesome Fleer hat stickers from my youth.  I brought back the same hat sticker concept for each 2012 series preview post.

This year, I wanted to mix it up a little.  Since I'm celebrating the 1973 Topps set with this year's Chachi cards, I thought it would be appropriate to feature "stickers" based on the 1973 Fleer Baseball Cloth Patches.  I used a few posts from the fantastic The Fleer Sticker Project as references for these custom stickers, and if you're not familiar with that blog - please go check it out now.  (I also need to to give thanks to the amazing Sportslogos website.)

I liked the results so much that I decided to just share them all in this post.  Presented below are all 30 team stickers, by division, most of which will be featured within the upcoming series preview posts to run before every Phillies series.  Play ball!






3 comments:

hiflew said...

These are phenomenal. I love the hat stickers, but these are a nice change.

Section 36 said...

Fantastic Job!

Fleerfan said...

Jim - Wow! I love the 2013 Chachi cloth patches! You've done a great job recreating the look of the classic Fleer patches and coming up with an updated set of patches.

Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I'm glad some of my posts were able to provide some help for your designs.

Keep up the great work!