Tuesday, November 13, 2012

1998 Donruss Production Line Power Index #15 Scott Rolen

I made mention recently of my work/Hurricane Sandy stress-induced Checkoutmycards.com buying binge.  These "binges" happen maybe two or three time a year, and they usually consist of me spending  anywhere from a dime to a few bucks each on various cards from my Phillies want lists.  The majority of Phillies cards from my most recent purchase were from the era of Phillies baseball when personal events and an overabundance of non-interesting baseball card releases conspired to seriously curtail my collecting habits.  This personal era began in 1998 and ended in 2006.

I've updated my 1998 and 1999 Phillies Want Lists and I hope to soon turn my attention to updating or creating my want lists from 2000 through 2005.  So on my recent COMC shopping trip, I found myself clicking more and more Phillies cards from 1998.  And about 90% of the cards I purchased from 1998 featured the then reigning Rookie of the Year, Scott Rolen.  When the card featured here was first released, or even a few years ago, I would have cringed at plopping down five to ten (or even fifteen) dollars for it.  But now, I can stomach the few bucks I just spent to add it to my collection.

1998 Pacific Omega Rising Stars #20
I also added this Desi Relaford/Darrin Winston insert card to my collection.  I've had this card on my want lists since it was originally released, but I failed to include it in the tally of Winston's cards when I put together my 1997 and 1998 Phillies Missing Links posts.  As such, I'll need to go back and update those posts accordingly.


No comments: