Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2007 Chachi #68 NLDS Game 2/Jimmy Rollins

NLDS Game 2 - October 4, 2007
Rockies 10, Phillies 5


From the Phillies.com game summary: Jimmy Rollins clubbed a lead-off homer in the first and later added three more RBI, but Phillies pitchers gave up a pair of four-run innings. [We attended this game, and we were less than pleased.]

Kyle Kendrick: "Today was the biggest game of my life, and for our team, and I wish I could have given more than I did today."

Charlie Manuel, who removed Kendrick to bring in Kyle Lohse to pitch to Kaz Matsui: "I don't think it was a mistake. I did it. I liked Lohse against Matsui because of his stuff. It was the second time I got him up and when I put him in, he was going to go to the sixth."

Kyle Lohse: "That's the wrong guy to throw a down-and-in fastball to. I wanted a fastball up and in. It ended up coming back down. It was on the inside corner, but it needed to be up about two feet. Bad pitch."

Jimmy Rollins: "No one is panicking, no one is down. No one is frowning, either. That's something we don't do. After we get that one, and find out how to win again, I think we'll get to two and three."

No comments: