Thursday, December 26, 2019

1949 Bowman #46 Robin Roberts


I wanted to take a brief break from family time and eating way too much to show off my big present from my wife Jenna this Christmas.  Jenna got me this Robin Roberts rookie card and I'm thrilled to finally have this card in my collection.  This would have been one of those cards I had seen over and over again as a young(er) collector in magazines or in books or at baseball card shows, and I never imagined I'd actually own one.  I'm just a little bummed the offer for an Official Baseball Ring, as advertised on the back, expired 70 years ago.  The next major Phillies card I need to track down after this is the Richie Ashburn rookie card, also found within the 1949 Bowman set.

There were a few other baseball card related gifts under our tree, including a 2019 Topps factory set for me, some new Topps cards for Doug, and a 1965 Topps League Leaders card for our 1965 Topps set.  Ben was happy to load a bunch of games onto his new iPad.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and here's to a fantastic 2020!

1 comment:

Section 36 said...

That's a wonderful card!