Game 58 - Thursday Night, June 8th in Atlanta
Record - 21-37, 5th place, 16 1/2 games behind the Nationals
One Sentence Summary: R.A. Dickey held the Phillies to a run on three hits and the Braves split the series with a 3-1 win.
What It Means: The Phillies head to St. Louis for a weekend series with the Cardinals.
What Happened: Ben Lively pitched well too, lasting seven innings (again) and scattering nine hits. The offense just couldn't get it going against the knuckle-baller.
Featured Card: Matt Breen Tweeted that Lively is the first Phillies pitcher since Carlton Loewer in 1998 to start his big league career with back-to-back seven inning starts. Loewer pitched in parts of two seasons with the Phillies before injuries curtailed his career.
|2016 Choice Oklahoma City|
Departed During the 2017 Season
- Tyler Goeddel - of (4/5/17) - Claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Reds.
- Dalier Hinojosa - rhp (5/16/17) - Released.
- Mario Hollands - lhp (5/23/17) - Released.
- Taylor Featherston - inf (6/9/17) - Traded to the Tampa Bay Rays for cash.
- Ty Kelly - inf (4/22/17) - Acquired from the Toronto Blue Jays for cash.
- Casey Fien - rhp (5/9/17) - Purchased from the Seattle Mariners.