Friday, March 10, 2017

2011 Choice Williamsport Crosscutters #27 Brock Stassi

Phillies 11, Tigers 6
Spring Training Game 12 - Tuesday Afternoon, March 7th in Lakeland
Record - 6-4-2

One Sentence Summary:  The Phillies overcame a shaky start from Aaron Nola to defeat the Tigers, 11-6.

What It Means:  A crazy busy week at work means I was almost completely in the dark as to recent Phillies happenings.  I'm spending my Friday night catching up with a few game summary posts and reliving the week that was for the Phils.  (Spoiler alert:  It seems as if not much happened.)

What Happened:  Nola was scheduled to pitch three innings, but he only made it through two, allowing two runs on five hits and a walk.  This was his second start of the spring.

Brock Stassi hit a grand slam in the sixth inning, his third home run of the spring.  Bryan Holaday (1) added a two-run home run off former short-time Phillie Daniel Stumpf.

Featured Card:  I always like looking back to see the first card I have in my collection for a particular prospect, especially when that player is poised to potentially make the opening day roster. The first Stassi card in my collection is from the 2011 Williamsport Crosscutters team set, a set that also features cards of Hector Neris, Cody Asche, Maikel Franco and Aaron Altherr.

Camp Head Count:  62

No comments: