Wednesday, January 27, 2016

1950 Philadelphia Bulletin Pin-Ups Dick Sisler


Today would have been my Dad's 72nd birthday.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him or wish that I could tell him something.  He would have loved the new Star Wars movie and he'd be amazed at how quickly his grandsons are growing up.  His oldest grandson Doug is showing signs of the athleticism that he possessed, although those skills skipped a generation since they missed me. Doug keeps busy with soccer and basketball and he'll enter his second year of Little League in the spring.

Dad's youngest grandson Ben is a knowledge sponge, soaking in everything he can about the 50 states and anything else that interests his five-year-old brain.  Ben says and does things on a daily basis that would send my Dad into hysterics.

As a continuing tribute to him, here's a Dick Sisler item I've never featured on this blog.  Sisler and Del Ennis were his favorite players as a kid and I never miss an opportunity to add one of their cards to my Phillies collection.

We miss you Sir and we'll be thinking about you today.

No comments: