Thursday, July 30, 2015

2015 Topps #560 Jerome Williams

Blue Jays 8, Phillies 2
Game 102 - Wednesday Night, July 29th in Toronto
Record - 38-64, 5th Place, 16 1/2 games behind the Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  On the night the Phillies were working on the deal that would send 2008 World Series MVP Cole Hamels to the Rangers, Jerome Williams and Justin De Fratus were pummeled in an 8-2 loss to the Blue Jays.

What It Means:  I really want to be able to root for the Angels, but I'll root for the Rangers at least on the days that Hamels starts.  As of late last night, I was trying my best to keep up with the details of the trade on Twitter.  I'll have a full post and a look at the baseball cards of the newest Phillies coming later.  I'll also need to do a massive overhaul of the Virtual Phillies Wall.

What Happened:  Williams (4 2/3 innings, 4 runs, 10 hits) and De Fratus (2 1/3 innings, 4 runs, 6 hits) had horrible outings.  The bats were shut down by knuckle-baller R.A. Dickey and Troy Tulowitzki had two doubles, a home run and drove in three runs in his Blue Jays debut.

Featured Card:  When the dust settles and we figure out where the six (!) players acquired from the Rangers are heading, I'll be curious to see if Williams still has his rotation spot.

No comments: