Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Phillies Select Randolph with First Pick


In last night's 2015 MLB Draft, the Phillies selected shortstop Cornelius Randolph with the 10th overall pick.  Randolph attended Griffin High School in Griffin, GA, and he'll most likely be moved to a different position given that the Phillies have top prospect J.P. Crawford pencilled in as their regular shortstop for the foreseeable future.  Randolph could see time in the outfield.

I'd recommend checking out the fine Phillies Minor Thoughts blog for more on Randolph and the other 2015 Phillies draft picks.

A quick search of eBay shows that Randolph has already appeared on a handful of 2014 Leaf products.  For his first Chachi card, I'm using the design of the Draft Picks subset found within the 1985 Topps set.

Memory Lane
2014 Draft - Aaron Nola

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the custom, and I find it a bit troubling that high school kids are available on baseball cards.

...But that's just me.

Jim said...

I'm with you . . . I'll wait until he has a Bowman card to add him to my Phillies collection. At least by then he's a professional ballplayer receiving a paycheck.