|1994 Score #656|
While compiling my personal baseball journey, several items stuck out and I thought I'd share them here:
- For fans who have logged their stadium visits within the database, I'm the current active leader in visits to both Citizens Bank Park (177) and Veterans Stadium (133).
- I'm missing a ton of Phillies games in my profile. I've only entered those games for which I have definitive proof of my attendance or ticket stubs which means there are quite a few games from the '80s that I'm missing. I only religiously saved ticket stubs beginning in the early '90s.
- My games per season chart shows that I attended zero games in 2000 and only 1 game in 1999. This could be completely accurate, but I'll never know. These years represent my personal "dark times" and there could have been a trove of ticket stubs from 1999 and 2000 that were dumped in the garbage years ago.
- There are also some older minor league games I attended that I haven't recorded since these games aren't in the Hardball Passport database (yet). I attended quite a few Winston-Salem Spirt/Warthogs and Durham Bulls games during my college years.
- Spring training games and the Phillies On-Deck series games aren't tracked.
- There aren't any surprises on my personal leaderboard. Jimmy Rollins and Cole Hamels lead the way in most of the offensive and pitching categories in games I've attended.
- I've seen 22 Hall of Famers play. I know I've seen more than ten games with Mike Schmidt, but I've only entered those games for which I had a ticket stub.
- I've seen seven players in 100 games or more - Rollins (224), Chase Utley (154), Pat Burrell (144), Ryan Howard (123), Bobby Abreu (122), Shane Victorino (102) and Carlos Ruiz (100).
- The pitchers I've seen the most are Ryan Madson (59 games), Rheal Cormier (49), Jose Mesa (35), Hamels (31), Brett Myers (28) and Brad Lidge (28).
- The non-Phillies player I've seen the most is Chipper Jones with 20 games. Jones hit 4 home runs and .359 in the 20 games I've attended, cementing him in my memory as a Phillie Killer.
- I've visited 23 ballparks, and I need to visit 17 Major League ballparks to have visited all current Major League venues.
- The Phillies are 181-134 in games I've attended and that record is going to take a severe hit over the next few years.