Thursday, March 12, 2015

2014 Topps Manufactured Commemorative Team Logo Patch #CP-36 Domonic Brown

Phillies 3, Pirates 2
Spring Training Game 9 - Wednesday Afternoon, March 11th in Clearwater
Record - 4-4-1

One Sentence Summary:  Cole Hamels struggled a little in his second spring outing, but Jeff Francoeur's RBI single in the sixth gave the Phillies a 3-2 victory.

What It Means:  Each time Hamels pitches I wonder if it's the last time I'll ever see him in a Phillies uniform.  I honestly think it's going to be like that until he's ultimately traded prior to the July 31st non-waiver trade deadline.

What Happened:  Hamels allowed a two-run home run and two walks in his three innings of work.  The bullpen combined to throw six scoreless innings following his departure.  Both teams agreed to play the bottom of the ninth even though the Phillies had the lead.  During the unofficial half inning, Domonic Brown hit a home run off Pirates reliever Brad Lincoln.

Featured Card:  Before we're completely inundated with 2015 baseball cards, I'm trying to go back and fill several holes in my 2014 Phillies baseball card collection.  I recently added this Brown manufactured patch card to my collection from the 2014 Topps set.  As I get older and slightly more wiser, I've realized that if I just wait a year to obtain cards like this, I can get them at a fraction of the price from when they were originally released.

I've so far resisted the urge to purchase any harder to find Phillies inserts from the recently released 2015 products, although I've found that the prices (so far) for these inserts aren't as high as in year's past.  That of course could have something to do with the current state of the team.

No comments: