Monday, January 19, 2015

Thanks Steve!

1950s to 1969 Phillies Postcards
1981 Phillies Photocards
1981 Phillies Photocards
Recently, I was the lucky recipient of 12 fantastic Phillies team issue cards from fellow collector and frequent Phillies Room contributor Steve.  I've only been actively collecting these cards from the 1960s through the early 1980s for about six months or so, and I've discovered that it's relatively easy to accumulate doubles.  With no indication of the year on the cards and a similar design used for the sets issued between 1951 and 1981, it's easy to pick up duplicates.  Steve had 12 doubles laying around and he kindly sent them my way to aid in my quest to complete these hard-to-find sets.

Presented here are four of my favorites.  I've sent Steve the three doubles I had accumulated, and I'll be sure to set aside extras for him in the future.

As a reminder - If you have doubles of any of these team issued cards, or if you're just looking for a good home for any of these cards please let me know.  If I can't use them, I'd be more than happy to pass them along to Steve!

1978 Phillies Photocards

1 comment:

Steve F. said...

Thanks, Jim--happy to help! And you (together with Rick) have cleared away a ton of fog surrounding these team issues that I never thought would be cleared, so in my opinion this series of posts has been an overwhelming success, something that Phillies card collectors can look to as a resource for a long time to come!