Monday, October 20, 2014

Your Source for Information on Phillies Team Issued Sets (Eventually)

1983 Tastykake Phillies
If detailed posts on Phillies team issued baseball card sets aren't your thing, fear not.  I'll still be posting about the team's off-season moves throughout the coming months.  I also have the unfortunate task of looking back at the 2014 Phillies statistical leaders through the final cards in the 2014 Chachi set.

I've gone on a bit of a binge over this past week with posts looking at the Tastykake Phillies sets issued between 1982 and 1985.  My goal is to eventually cover all the team issued sets through the years, and I've set aside a page to serve as a portal to all these posts.  You can find bits and pieces on the Phillies team issues sets from the 1950s through today on various websites and in the older Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards editions, but there's nowhere (that I could find) where all of this information is brought together in one place.  I hope to do that.

I seriously doubt I can keep up the pace of a set a day, but look for more posts throughout the World Series (Go Royals!) as I need something to take my mind off the troublesome state of the current Phillies.

If you have any information to add to any of these posts where you think revisions are needed, please don't hesitate to contact me or leave a comment.  My goal is to present the most accurate and complete information possible on the baseball card sets issued by the Phillies over the past fifty-plus years.  Special thanks goes out to fellow Phillies collector Rick (@rickphils) who has e-mailed to me a ton of great information on these sets in the past few weeks.

No comments: