Monday, September 8, 2014

2014 Bowman Platinum #42 Cole Hamels

Nationals 3, Phillies 2
Game 142 - Sunday Afternoon, September 7th in Washington
Record - 66-76, 5th Place, 14 1/2 games behind the Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  A Cole Hamels balk ultimately led to the Nationals scoring a go-ahead run in the sixth, and they went on to win the ballgame, 3-2.

What It Means:  The Phillies leave D.C. having won two out of three, and they'll open a four-game series with the Pirates tonight.  The Pirates are 4 1/2 games behind the Cardinals in the N.L. Central and, along with the Giants, a half game ahead of the Braves and Brewers for one of the two National League Wild Cards.

What Happened:  Hamels pitched well enough to win, but the balk call and two home runs from Adam LaRoche did him in.

Featured Card:  Hamels had to share his season highlight card with three other pitchers following the last game he pitched, so I thought I'd give him his own card for this post.

I don't get Bowman Platinum, and I'm not sure why I feel the need year after year to add these types of Phillies cards to my collection.  Yet, here is Hamels' card from the set and I'll probably track down the 2015 Bowman Platinum Phillies cards when they're released next year.  And so it goes.

No comments: