Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2013 Bowman #197 Delmon Young

Phillies 16, Dodgers 1
Game 81 - Late Friday Night, June 28th in Los Angeles
Record - 39-42, 3rd Place, 7 1/2 games behind the Braves

Colossal Post-Vacation Catch-Up, Part 7 of 9

One Sentence Summary:  The bats came to life in a stunning 16-1 victory over the Dodgers.

What It Means:  They're alive!  This is probably the only game I missed during my vacation that I wish I could have seen.  What in the heck happened?  The Dodgers suffered their worst home loss since July 3, 1947, when they lost 19-2 to the New York Giants while still playing in Brooklyn.

What Went Right:  Michael Young had four hits, while Delmon Young and John Lannan (!) both had three hits.  D. Young drove in six runs.

Featured Card:  I'm not a fan of Young's, and I'm still not a fan of his signing by the Phillies as a minor league free agent this past offseason.  But when you drive in six runs in a lopsided Phillies victory, you deserve to have the featured card.

No comments: