Friday, April 26, 2013

Phillies at Mets: April 26th to April 28th

Friday 7:10, Saturday 1:05, Sunday 1:10
Citi Field - Flushing, NY

Phillies 9-14, 4th Place in the N.L. East, 7 games behind the Braves
Mets 10-10, Tied for 2nd Place in the N.L. East, 4 1/2 games behind the Braves

Phillies Probables:  Kyle Kendrick (1-1, 3.28), Jonathan Pettibone (0-0, 3.38), Cole Hamels (0-3, 5.40)
Mets Probables:  Dillon Gee (1-3, 5.95), Shaun Marcum (0-0, 0.00), Jonathon Niese (2-1, 3.81)

At the Ballpark:  On Sunday afternoon, the first 15,000 fans at the ballpark will receive an Iron Man 3 Water Bottle.  I'm glad the Phillies don't do movie/TV show/entertainment give-away tie-ins.  If I get a free water bottle at a Phillies ballgame, I want it to be a Phillies water bottle.  (Man, that sounded less crotchety in my head than when I read it back to myself.)

Phillies Leaders
Average:  Michael Young - .312
Runs:  Chase Utley - 12
Home Runs:  Chase Utley - 4
RBIs:  Chase Utley - 16
Stolen Bases:  Ben Revere - 5

With 4 stolen bases and a .309 average, Utley is very close to leading the Phillies in each of these categories.

Wins:  Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee - 2
ERA:  Cliff Lee - 3.03
Strikeouts:  Cliff Lee - 30
Saves:  Jonathan Papelbon - 4

No 1973 Topps Flashback today.  The Phils and Mets face off quite a few times throughout the season, and I need to pace myself.

2 comments:

Section 36 said...

At least Iron Man is Disney related. When Jackie Chan was promoting The Tuxedo, they handed out free Jackie Chan masks at Fenway. It was a stiff paper mask on a stick, where you could see through the eyes. It was the tackiest thing ever.

I still have it.

Jim said...

Ha! Before I got to your last line, I thought to myself - I bet he still has it.