Monday, June 4, 2012

2012 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Autographs #FFA-BM Bake McBride

Marlins 5, Phillies 1
Game 55 - Sunday Afternoon, June 3rd in Philadelphia
Record - 28-27, 5th Place, 3 1/2 games behind the Nationals and Marlins

One Sentence Summary:  Joe Blanton got knocked around as Carlos Zambrano shut down the Phillies offense and the Marlins won, 5-1.

What It Means:  The long, mediocre season continues.  The loss gave the Marlins the series win and left the Phillies stranded in last place in the division.

What Went Wrong:  Blanton surrendered five runs on nine hits in his six innings of work, including home runs to Hanley Ramirez and Zambrano.  The Phillies managed only six hits, half of which were from Juan Pierre.  They went 1 for 10 collectively with runners in scoring position.

Featured Card:  I could use a pick-me-up after the latest Phillies loss, so I thought I feature one of the coolest Phillies cards released to date this year.  This card has several things going for it:

1.  It's an on-card autograph.
2.  It features the iconic 1975 Topps design.
3.  It features one Arnold Ray "Bake" McBride, one of the more exciting Phillies players from my youth.

I've been diligently tracking down these Phillies Fan Favorites Autographs cards on eBay and I hope to have my Topps Archives want list updated shortly.  McBride has a non-autographed version of this card in the base set as part of the short-printed All-Time Fan Favorites subset.

No comments: