Phillies 9, Mets 4
Game 159 - Sunday Afternoon, September 25th in Flushing
One Sentence Summary: The Phils snapped their ridiculous eight-game losing streak with a definitive 9-4 win over the Mets.
What It Means: The Phillies pounded out 19 hits on the way to their 99th win of the season. Phillies fans can relax and chalk up the last eight games to just a post-clinch hangover. The offense is back, and everything is just fine. (Right?)
What Went Right: Batting third in the order, Hunter Pence atoned for his costly Saturday night error with a two-run home run in the first. He finished with three hits and three RBIs. Carlos Ruiz went four-for-four with two RBIs and Jimmy Rollins added three hits.
Roy Halladay (19-6) pitched an abbreviated outing, given the score and the pending postseason. He allowed four hits while striking out three.
1. Header Card - Featuring a montage of action shots from throughout the 2011 season
2. Pitching In - Wilson Valdez, 5/25/11
3. Three Consecutive Shutouts - Cliff Lee, 6/28/11
4. All-Star Starter - Roy Halladay, 7/12/11
5. Retro Night - Cole Hamels, 7/22/11
6. Hall of Fame Executive - Pat Gillick, 7/24/11
7. The Trade - Hunter Pence, 7/29/11
8. Harry Kalas Statue Dedication, 8/16/11
9. 2011 Philadelphia Phillies Team Photo