Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2000 Topps #213 Ryan Christianson/Brett Myers DP

Astros 5, Phillies 1
Game 144 - Monday Night, September 12th in Houston

One Sentence Summary:  Brett Myers fed his former team a steady diet of junk and the Phillies ate it up.

What It Means:  The Phillies record was 94-50 after this loss.  (It also means I'm crazy busy at work since I'm just posting this now.)

What Went Wrong:  Myers (5-13) who has had a completely miserable season, turned it up a notch against his former team.  He pitched eight solid innings, allowing just a run on six hits.  Roy Oswalt (7-9), making his first return trip to Houston, was tagged with five runs on eleven hits in seven innings.

Pete Orr's RBI-single in the second accounted for the only Phillies run.

Featured Card:  My Zistle input has slowed considerably, given how busy I am at work these days.  I've got to say though, I'm a little disappointed that cards I've flagged several months ago are still "under review" by the website's administrators.

For example, and this is just to illustrate my point, someone who originally input this Brett Myers card into the database input the name as "BMyers RChristianson" instead of "Brett Myers / Ryan Christianson DP", which is how I would have input the card.  If I do a search for all the Brett Myers cards in my collection, this card doesn't show up.  There's a mechanism to submit changes to cards in the database, which I've done for this Myers card, but it's a little frustrating that changes I submitted a while ago have still not been reflected.  I sent an e-mail via the "support" feature last week to ask about the delay, but I have yet to receive a response.  The gleam I originally felt at joining Zistle earlier this summer has faded a little.

No comments: