Friday, April 1, 2011

2011 Chachi Super Veteran #1 Jamie Moyer

The output has been fast and furious at the Chachi factory, and I'm pleased to report the first 26 cards in the 2011 Chachi set have been completed.  I'll wait for the appropriate occasions throughout the season to post each player's card.  I'm happy with the cards so far, and I was pleasantly surprised to easily find pictures of who I thought would be the hardest subjects - Michael Martinez and Pete Orr.

Strangely enough, the guy that gave me the most trouble was Ben Francisco.  There just aren't that many good pictures out there of the team's new regular right fielder.  I actually ended up scanning in a picture from last year's NLCS Program to use for Francisco's card.

Featured here is the first of hopefully many 2011 Chachi Super Veteran cards, featuring the ageless wonder himself, Jamie Moyer.  I used the picture from Moyer's 1987 Topps rookie card for the "then" side of the card.  Moyer was recently hired to work the night shift of ESPN's Baseball Tonight while he recovers from Tommy John surgery.  He makes no bones about the fact he fully intends to make a comeback in the spring of 2012, at the age of 49.  Super veteran, indeed.

No comments: