Sunday, March 27, 2011

2010 Chachi #74 Checklist

At long last, the 2010 Chachi set has been completed, and here's the final checklist to prove it.  Thanks to a loving wife and some free time on Saturday afternoon, I found the time to create the final cards for the 2010 set.  I hope to post the remaining cards between now and the start of the regular season on Friday.

I had fun using the designs from the 1974 Topps set as a template, and I was actually able to create backs for most of the cards in the set.  As revealed a few months ago, the 2011 Chachi set will borrow its design from the 1983 Topps set, and I'm happy to report that production is already well under way.

At least one insert set is planned this year, as I'll be making Super Veteran cards along the way for those players who have been around for a little while.  However, I won't be making backs for the cards this year, as making backs for each of these custom cards is both time-consuming and quite honestly, a little boring.

And yes, I am extremely excited about the start of the 2011 season.  Play ball!

P.S.  It's never too soon for the 2012 Chachi Planning Committee to hold its first meeting.  I don't want to start any rumors, but we've been looking through our 1971 and 1985 Topps sets a lot recently.

1 comment:

Matt Runyon said...

That checklist is full of awesomeness. Have a good time with 2011 -- the Phils are looking good.