Monday, May 31, 2010

Phillies at Braves: May 31st through June 2nd

Monday 1:05, Tuesday 7:10, Wednesday 1:05

Records: Phillies 28-21, 1st Place in NL East (½ game ahead of the Braves); Braves 28-22, 2nd Place in NL East (½ game behind the Phillies)

2005 Chachi #25 Billy Wagner

I wish I could say I was looking forward to this series, but I'm not. I'm worried. I'm a life-long Phillies fan, so this feeling of pending dread comes natural to me. The Phils enter play this afternoon having scored 7 runs in their past 7 games. The 5 game lead in the NL East they enjoyed on May 17th has dwindled down to just a half game over the Braves. They look lifeless. The swagger is gone. Something's got to give.

And our old friend, #13, is 4-0 with a 1.89 ERA and 6 saves in 8 chances. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Phillies Probables: Joe Blanton, Cole Hamels, Kyle Kendrick
Braves Probables: Tommy Hanson, Tim Hudson, Derek Lowe

No comments: