Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2004 Grandstand Clearwater Threshers #37 Cole Hamels

It's all behind us now. The Game 6 loss to the Yankees when Pedro and Doug and I were all suffering through the flu. The weeks of leaving for work every morning in the dark. Shoveling out of three snowstorms, each of which dumped over a foot of snow. Staying inside on the weekends because it was too cold outside. It's all history.

Today, the sound of fastballs hitting catcher's mitts can be heard in Clearwater and a new Spring is upon us. Every team is tied for first place. Every team is hopeful. Spring has officially sprung.

Catchers and pitchers have reported, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

3 comments:

Section 36 said...

I dunno. I think even today the Royals are at least a half game back.

Jenna said...

Exciting!!

Jim said...

S36 - Your comment actually made me laugh out loud, so I thank you for that.