Thursday, October 1, 2009

2010 Chachi Prototype #JW Jayson Werth

2010: A Chachi Odyssey, Part 11
In which certain contenders are eliminated

The 2010 Chachi Set Planning Committee next eliminated the 1985 Topps set from consideration for the 2010 Chachi set.

Pros: Another great set from my childhood. I like the way the newer Phillies logo looks on this card, and I've tweaked the color of the team name block from the original maroon to the more modern/retro red.

Cons: I guess the design is a little boring. When I was going over the Topps sets I wanted to use for the 2010 Chachi set, I automatically wrote off the '85 set in my mind. Trying to come up with the "cons" of the set, I'm hard pressed to figure out why I was so quick to eliminate the set. However, the committee has spoken and the '85 Topps set goes back into the pile for 2011 consideration.

2 comments:

deal said...

Hey on tonights broadcast/coverage I found out that Coach Pete Mackanin was on the Phils 78 team for a couple o games. Doubt he ever got a card, how bout a 78 or 79 of him?

Jim said...

Nice to see Pete finally make it to a Postseason! Here's his 1979 Burger King card from a previous post:

http://tinyurl.com/ybvapuk