Saturday, August 29, 2009

2009 Chachi Originals #1 Pickles Dillhoefer

A New Original: Inspired by Goose Joak Originals, Phungo Cards and Capewood's Collection, I decided to try my hand at creating a custom baseball card template. I wanted to keep it simple, and I knew I wanted to include a team logo on each card. I don't know how many of these I'll create, but at least now I have a new template to use in case I need to feature a Cliff Lee or a Pedro Martinez or a Miguel Cairo card in a future game summary post. I also plan to use this template if I want to create a card for someone who never had a Phillies card, or for someone who had a Phillies card, but the card's rarity and price tag are beyond my current means.

For example, Pickles Dillhoefer played in just 8 games for the 1918 Phillies. His only baseball card is included in the 1919-1921 W514 "strip card" set. (So called because the cards were sold in strips.) Pickles' only official baseball card is now officially my white whale. I will own this card one day. Oh yes, one day Pickles' strip card will be mine. (Didn't think I'd ever write that sentence, but there you have it.)

In any event, until the day the 1919 W514 Pickles Dillhoefer card enters my Phillies collection, I now have a Chachi Original to tide me over.

2 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

Very creative...he remains my favorite ex-Phil

Unknown said...

What is a chachi original