Thursday, August 13, 2009

2008 Topps Chrome Trading Card History Refractor #TCHC21 Ryan Howard/400

Phillies 6, Cubs 1

Cliff Lee, the undeniable ace of the staff, shut down the Cubs today limiting their line-up to one run on six hits. He threw 122 pitches, 82 for strikes. He's now 3-0 as a Phillie, and I'd like to once again express my gratitude to Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr. for pulling off the trade with the Indians prior to the July 31st non-waiver trade deadline. Thank you Ruben.

Ryan Howard broke a career high span of 57 at-bats without a home run when he launched a fourth inning 3-run home run to give the Phils a 3-0 lead. Pedro Feliz followed a few batters later with a solo home run, and that was more than enough run support for the ace.

The win completed the Phillies first series sweep in Chicago since June 1984 when Steve Carlton, Charles Hudson, Marty Bystrom and Kevin Gross each won games during that sweep.

I'd also like to thank Phillies' radio announcers Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen for keeping me entertained for 2 hours and 29 minutes this afternoon as I was diligently working.

Finally, thanks are in order for JD of JD's Wild Cardz for providing the fine looking Ryan Howard refractor you're now admiring. JD and I arranged a trade a few weeks ago, and I've now added some great Phillies and Cliff Lee cards to my collection. Thanks JD!

No comments: