Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2008 Chachi #65 NLDS Game 2/Shane Victorino

NLDS Game 2 - October 2, 2008
Phillies 5, Brewers 2

From the Phillies.com report of the game: Shane Victorino's first career grand slam - the Phillies' first in their postseason history - broke a tie in the second inning and helped put the Phils one win away from a trip to the NLCS. Brett Myers settled down after control issues in the first for the win.

Shane Victorino: "I stayed aggressive. I took a first pitch. He [CC Sabathia] threw it for a ball. He threw the next pitch for a fastball for a strike. He left me a slider up to hit."

Brett Myers, who was on base for Victorino's slam, after battling Sabathia for a 9 pitch walk: "I didn't really hear [the crowd]. If I would've, I probably would've swung at some of those pitches. I wasn't trying to be a hero. I was just trying to work him. We were just trying to get his pitch count up."

No comments: