|2009 Phillies Team Issue|
Special Edition #34
Game 100 - Sunday Afternoon, July 21st in Pittsburgh
Record - 52-48, 3rd place, 7 games behind the Braves
One Sentence Summary: Drew Smyly kept the Phillies in the game and Rhys Hoskins hit an 11th inning solo home run to send the Phillies to a 2-1 win.
What It Means: The Phillies fly to Detroit for a Monday off-day before opening a quick two-game series on Tuesday night against the Tigers.
What Happened: In his Phillies debut, Smyly allowed four hits and a run while striking out eight in his six-inning outing. The bullpen held the Pirates in check with Ranger Suarez pitching the final two scoreless innings. The offense was quiet, save for an RBI-single from Cesar Hernandez in the fourth and Hoskins' clutch homer (21) in the 11th.
Featured Card: Normally Hoskins would get the card here, but I wanted to pay tribute again to Roy Halladay for his Hall of Fame induction. His wife Brandy delivered his induction speech and Halladay shared the day with new fellow Hall of Famers Edgar Martinez, Mike Mussina, Lee Smith, Mariano Rivera and Harold Baines. Doc's new Hall of Fame plaque can be viewed here.
|2017 Topps Heritage #589|
Arrived During the 2019 Season
- Jay Bruce - of (6/2/19) - Acquired from the Seattle Mariners with cash considerations for Jake Scheiner.
- Brad Miller - inf (6/13/19) - Purchased from the New York Yankees.
- Fernando Salas - rhp (6/13/19) - Signed as a free agent formerly with the Acereros de Monclova of the Mexican League.
- Mike Morin - rhp (7/20/19) - Acquired from the Minnesota Twins for cash considerations.
- Drew Smyly - lhp (7/21/19) - Signed as a free agent formerly with the Milwaukee Brewers organization.
- Aaron Altherr - of (5/12/19) - Selected off waivers by the San Francisco Giants.