Friday, June 12, 2015

Thanks for the Autographs Doug Nickle!

2002 Topps Total #518
2022 Upper Deck Victory #509
A few months ago I received an e-mail from former Phillies pitcher Doug Nickle, who had found my post on the Phillies card found within the 2002 Topps United We Stand subset.  Doug confirmed that he was indeed the fourth player from the left, next to Dave Coggin, and he provided me with a few other updates.  Doug was kind enough to point out that the players to either side of him are P.J. Forbes (and not Nick Punto) and Turk Wendell (not Jose Santiago).  I've updated the original post for this new information.

In his e-mail Doug told me he had been trying to track down this card for his personal collection, and I e-mailed him back that I'd be more than happy to send it to him.  I included a few of Doug's other cards in the package and he graciously signed and sent the cards back to me to be included in my sons' growing autograph collection.  Both my boys, Doug and Ben, were thrilled to have received mail from a big league pitcher.

Thanks again Doug!

1 comment:

Doug Nickle said...

I'm just seeing this awesome post now. I was more than happy to sign a couple cards, and more than honored to have been the beneficiary of such magnanimity!