Saturday, February 14, 2015

Coming Attractions & Blaming Kyle Kendrick

1972 Phillies Photocards
I blame Kyle Kendrick.

Shortly after finishing this post displaying a Chachi card with Kendrick on his new team, I shut down my computer and called it a night.  On Monday night, my iMac (four years old this past December) refused to turn back on.  It's with the Apple Store nearest to us now and I'm told it's either (a) partially dead which will be cheap to fix or (b) completely dead which will be expensive to fix.

While my iMac is in the shop, and as pitchers and catchers are getting ready to officially report, I thought I'd share my to-do list for The Phillies Room.

1.  Get all the 2014 Chachi cards out of my draft folder.  I have yet to post all the team leader cards or the final checklist card.  The sooner we can put the 2014 season in the rear-view mirror, the better.

2.  Keep going with my Team Issued posts.  I recently wrapped up my series of posts on the main team issued sets available from the early 1950s through last season.  I've added a list of other team issued sets I'd like to cover at the bottom of this page and I'll slowly get to these throughout the regular season.

I recently added the Steve Carlton card seen here to my collection, and the look on Carlton's face pretty much mirrors the look I had when my iMac refused to turn on.  I believe this is Carlton's first official Phillies card, most likely pre-dating his "Traded" card found within the 1972 Topps set.

3.  I need to update/finish my Missing Links series of posts.  Given what I now know about the team issued sets, a lot of these earlier posts contain inaccuracies that I'd like to correct.

4.  I'd also like to wrap up my look at the Phillies cards in the 2013 and 2014 Topps sets.  I've looked at the Phillies cards to be found in the 1951 through 2012 Topps sets already, and this project seriously stalled out once I got bored with the newer sets.

5.  Finally, I'll once again be posting daily or semi-daily game recaps beginning with the first spring training game on March 1st.  This will be the fifth full season I've done this and as long as it's fun for me (and it still is), I'll keep going.

I still blame Kyle Kendrick.

2 comments:

Dan said...

blaming kendrick is a good policy for pretty much everything. i'm going to start using that at home. kyle kendrick shrunk your sweater!

Jim from Downingtown said...

There are a lot of big names with their final cards in the 1966 set: Sandy Koufax, Robin Roberts, Bobby Richardson, Harvey Kuenn, etc.