Tuesday, October 14, 2014

1949 Eureka Sportstamps #149 Dick Sisler


Dick Sisler, along with Del Ennis, were my Dad's two favorite Phillies players.  Because of this, I'm slowly accumulating as many Sisler and Ennis cards as possible.  Featured here isn't a card but a stamp from the 1949 Eureka Sportstamps set.  14,000 Phillies ran a post a few years ago
containing information on this set, along with a complete Phillies checklist.

* * *

My Dad would have absolutely loved the fact that his oldest grandson Doug is now officially a baseball card collector.  Doug and I spent a lot of time talking about his Pop-Pop last night as it's three years today that he passed away.  Doug and I looked at old pictures, listened to some of his Pop-Pop's favorite songs, and we talked about how his Pop-Pop and I used to collect baseball cards together, just like he and I are doing now.

Doug's Pop-Pop would have been so proud of him and his little brother, Ben.  I know I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you and Doug honor the memory of your father.

I can't believe it's been three years, and I'm just some guy who follows your blog.

Steve F. said...

Same here--nice story too. It's nice you have a way to keep him in your memory like that.