|One of these cards features the design of the 2013 Chachi Set - 1971, 1973, 1985 or 1988|
The Phillies Room Executive Team recently met to discuss plans for the upcoming 2013 Chachi release. It was a productive meeting, but in the end we remained deadlocked between two solid choices. This is not an easy annual decision, and the decision is getting harder and harder as the years go by. In the early days of the Chachi sets, way back in the mid-2000s, it was fairly easy to pick the designs as I just went with the designs from my favorite Topps sets of yore, starting with the 1975 release.
However, in today's confusing and fast paced world, it's getting harder to pick a favorite among several "great" but not "outstanding" Topps sets from the '70s and '80s. We've narrowed the choices down to the designs featured above from the 1971, 1973, 1985 and 1988 Topps sets. But that's as far as we got.
That's where you come in.
I'm not a big contest guy, and the contests I've hosted on his blog have been few and far between. I'm not in this crazy Phillies-baseball-cards-personal-family-stories-blog racket for the fortune and glory. But it's still gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when someone leaves a comment on one of my posts, or when I gain a new follower, or when I know people enjoy reading my ramblings about the Phillies, past and present.
So I'm hosting a contest, with a poll, and a few prizes, although it's not so much a contest as a way for me to interact more with current readers and (hopefully) new readers. Without further ado, here are the rules of the 2012 Phillies Room Help Pick the 2013 Chachi Set Design and Maybe Get Free Stuff contest:
1. To enter, please vote in the poll at left and leave a comment that you voted. (This counts for 1 entry.)
2. Promote this contest on your blog, if you have one, and let me know (via the comments) that the contest has been promoted. (This counts for another entry.)
3. In your comment, please tell me why you voted the way you did or let me know if I'm overlooking a better classic Topps design or just let me know why you're here and if you like what you see.
4. There's no need to "follow" this blog to enter, but it would make me feel good if you did.
The Phillies Room page on Facebook, but know that it would make me smile when my phone dings to tell me when and if I've accumulated a new "like."
6. There will be two winners:
a. One winner objectively selected at random, based on the number of entries earned.
b. One winner subjectively selected based on the best comment left on this post.
7. The winners will receive a copy of the classic Boyd and Harris book, The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book. If you don't already have this book, and you collect baseball cards, you need this book. (Hat tip to Section 36 for hosting a contest with a baseball book as the prize. Great idea.)
8. Voting and entries are due by Wednesday, October 24th, which coincides with Game 1 of the World Series.
One quick cavaet - whichever set with the most votes may not actually be chosen as the design of the 2013 Chachi set. We're just looking for feedback here and ultimately I have (or more accurately, my wife has) the final say.
So that's it. Vote, enter, share and thanks for reading!