Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1952 Bowman #40 Emory Church

I can't help but think of my Dad every time I add an old Bowman card to my Phillies collection.  Having completed a 1951 Bowman Phillies team set, I've turned my attention to the rest of the Phillies Bowman cards issued between 1948 and 1955.  There's no rush in this pursuit, and each time I've ordered a sampling of newer Phillies cards from Checkoutmycards.com, I'm always sure to add at least one reasonably priced vintage Bowman card.  That's how this 1952 Bowman card of Bubba Church made its way into my collection recently.  My Dad would have approved.

* * *

My Dad also would have been disgusted with the current state of the Phillies.  "Bunch of bums," he'd say, and then he'd facetiously announce that he had decided to "root for the Braves," just to get a rise out of me.

No comments: