Thursday, January 5, 2012

My First Fairfield Repack

1982 Donruss #595, 1987 Topps #719, 1990 Fleer #102 and 1992 Upper Deck #769
One of my stocking stuffers this past Christmas (courtesy of Mrs. Claus herself, my wife Jenna) was a Fairfield Repack she found in the baseball card aisle in Target.  Knowing that I would have a blast opening it, she bought me one.  Those of you who have opened these things before know there's not much in the way of hidden treasure within these blister packs.  But one thing is for certain - the repack itself was a lot of fun to open.  And when it comes right down to it, shouldn't the act of opening baseball cards be fun?

There were only a few Phillies in the bunch, but there were a lot of ex-Phillies in the package.  The oldest card I received was a 1982 Donruss Randy Lerch card.  I also received multiple cards of Bob Boone and Mark Davis, which I think speaks to the pure volume of cards available for both those players.

There were quite a few 1987 and 1989 Topps cards in the package.  And as could be expected, the package was heavy with cards from 1987 through 1993 with a smattering of cards from the late '90s and early '00s. The most recent card included was a 2009 Upper Deck First Edition Josh Willingham card.  

So again, not much in the way of hidden treasure . . . but it sure was a lot of fun to open!


No comments: