Monday, April 11, 2011

2011 Topps Heritage '62 Mint #62M-JM Jamie Moyer

Got it!

There are very few premium/hit/mojo baseball cards that come out these days that make me pause upon first glance and say, "I have to have that card."  However, that's what I said when I first saw a picture of this Jamie Moyer insert card from the 2011 Topps Heritage set.  The '62 Mint inserts are considered case "hits" with odds of finding one at 1 per 273 packs.

Thanks to the wonders of the interweb and online auctions, I recently added this card to my collection.  The card is as thick as eight normal baseball cards, as there's an honest-to-goodness 1962 copper penny embedded within the cardboard, held in place with clear plastic.

I had actually avoided a few of the other online auctions selling this card as the penny was upside down in the sellers' scans of the card.  However, and just between you and me, the penny moves around a little.  When I first pulled the card from its bubblelope, Honest Abe was laying on his back, looking skyward.  A little coaxing got him back to a more dignified position.

Glad to see Topps getting creative with this card, and I'm happy to add it to my collection.

2 comments:

Dawgbones said...

I'm loving that card as well, what did you end up giving for it? if you don't mind me asking?

Jim said...

With shipping, it was less than $20. I had decided I'd go as high as $20 for a card from 2011. Anything more than that should be reserved for something from at least 40 to 50 years ago!