Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Halladay and Merry Cliffmas!

2010 Topps #655
This has been, by far, the slowest month of posting I've ever had on this blog.  Rest assured, this has nothing to do with my waning interest in the blog, but rather it has much more to do with having two small boys, the approaching Christmas holiday and the demands of work.  It also has a little to do with the fact that frankly not much has been going on around these parts since the second coming of Cliff Lee.

So as I draw the curtain on 2010, I'll leave you with two quick items.

It's Good to Be Us:  Friend o' the blog Christopher sent me this link recently to a Sports Illustrated article celebrating just how awesome it is to a sports fan in Philadelphia right now.  I'd love to somehow send this article back in time to the 10-year-old me and say, "See, just you wait.  Those Mets fans are making fun of your Phillies hat now, but that's going to come back to bite them and bite them Hard."

Mad Dog Likes Pizza:  My wife Jenna gets credit for this one.  While recently dining out at Pizzeria Uno, she spotted Ryan Madson and his family leaving the restaurant having recently enjoyed their dinners.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to ask him if he was as excited about the Lee signing as I was.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Section 36 said...

In 1986, I was at the Baseball Hall of Fame with my family. They had a display of players, set out by their uniform number. When my dad and I were looking at Jim Rice (#14) we were talking to a Phillies fan looking at Pete Rose (#14). We were discussing the two franchises, and which was better for their fans. The Phillies fan preferred the Red Sox way of actually being in contention for a while before blowing it. We thought the Phillies way of being losers right from the beginning might not be too bad, rather then getting your hopes up before crushing them. In either case, we agreed, cheering could be torture.

We've both come a long way since then.

Kevin said...

I just put a post up on my blog about the 1983 Phillies (well, about a week ago)...unfortunately, from a baseball card perspective, the '83 Phillies are pretty boring as they are all covered with the Topps set and don't have any interesting rookies or other cards for that matter.