Monday, June 21, 2021

Game 69 - 1952 Berk Ross Del Ennis

Giants 11
, Phillies 2
Game 69 - Sunday Afternoon, June 20th in San Francisco
Record - 34-35, 2nd Place, 4 games behind the Mets

One Sentence Summary:  Zach Eflin couldn't contain the Giants offense and the Phillies managed four hits in this Father's Day 11-2 loss.

What It Means:  The Phillies have their fifth off-day of the month on Monday before opening a quick two-game series with the Nationals on Tuesday night.  That's followed by their sixth off-day of the month on Thursday.

What Happened:  Eflin labored through five innings, giving up seven runs (six earned) on nine hits - including a staggering four home runs.  J.T. Realmuto hit a two-run home run in the third accounting for the only scoring by the Phillies.

Featured Card:  I had a wonderful day with my family for this Father's Day, and of course I thought of my Dad who left us way too soon almost ten years ago.  Here's a card of one of his favorite players, Del Ennis, in his honor.  It's getting harder for me to find cards to post of either Ennis or his other favorite player, Dick Sisler, on this blog that haven't been featured before given the number of times over the years I've used either one of Ennis' or Sisler's cards any time I've wanted to honor or remember my Dad.  Chances are I'll run out of unfeatured cards at some point, and I'll just start re-posting cards I've already shared as there's no chance I'll ever stop wanting to celebrate my Dad.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I like the pink backgrounds on the Phillies Berk Ross cards. The other Berk Ross cards look a bit drab in comparison.

Jim said...

I had to head to TCDB to see what you meant, but I definitely agree with you. This is the only '52 Berk Ross I had seen before and I didn't realize the others were so washed out.