Sunday, July 7, 2019

Game 80 - 2019 Topps Now #436 Jay Bruce

Phillies 5Mets 4 (10)
Game 80 - Wednesday Night, June 26th in Philadelphia
Record - 42-38, 2nd place, 5 1/2 games behind the Braves

Annual Post-Vacation Game Summary Catch-Up, Part 1 of 10

One Sentence Summary:  The Phillies completed an impressive come from behind victory with a 10th inning, walk-off RBI double from Jay Bruce.

What It Means:  Here we go again . . . another post-vacation, massive game summary update.  There's really no need for me to do these posts, but I enjoy putting them together for the sake of completeness and as a way to relax and gradually ease my way back into the real world following a fantastic vacation.  The Phils typically don't fare well when I'm away, but they broke even this year going 5-5 during my break.

What Happened:  The Mets mounted a 4-0 lead before the Phillies starting chipping away in the sixth with a solo home run from Jean Segura (9).  In the seventh, Cesar Hernandez doubled home J.T. Realmuto and then Segura plated two more with a single.  Bruce doubled off Mets reliever Stephen Nogosek in the 10th to score pinch-runner Roman Quinn with the winning run.

Featured Card:  Delaying these posts allowed me to use Bruce's Topps Now card from this game, waiting for me in a pile of mail when we returned home.

No comments: