Friday, January 8, 2016

Phillies Baseball Cards with Griffey & Piazza #HOF2016

2003 Topps 205 Triple Folder #TF33
I was happy to see that both Ken Griffey, Jr. and Mike Piazza were voted into the Hall of Fame last week and their election had me checking my Phillies baseball card inventory for their "Phillies" cards.  I'm sure there are other cards out there featuring both Griffey and Piazza with former Phillies players, but these are the cards I have currently in my collection.

Mike Piazza
The Phillies have commissioned beautiful oil paintings of all Phillies players in the Hall of Fame and all "native sons" in the Hall of Fame.  These paintings, which I believe have all been painted by Dick Perez, hang within the Phillies Hall of Fame Club inside Citizens Bank Park.  As Piazza is from nearby Phoenixville, his painting will now also grace the walls of the Phillies' Hall of Fame Club.

1995 Donruss Dominators #2 - with Darren Daulton and Ivan Rodriguez
2003 Topps 205 Triple Folder #TF33 - with Bobby Abreu
2003 Topps 205 Triple Folder #TF49 - with Bobby Abreu

1994 Pinnacle
Team Pinnacle #TP6
1994 Pinnacle
Team Pinnacle #TP6 (Back)
Ken Griffey, Jr.
Two of the three Griffey cards in my collection pair him with Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra.  The other card is in my collection because it includes Bobby Abreu.

1994 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle #TP6 - with Lenny Dykstra
1994 Topps #388 - with Lenny Dykstra
2004 Bazooka 4 on 1 Sticker - with Bobby Abreu, Torii Hunter and Garret Anderson

Memory Lane
2012 Inductees - Larkin and Santo
2013 Inductees - O'Day, Ruppert and White
2014 Inductees - Cox, Glavine, LaRussa, Maddux, Thomas and Torre
2015 Inductees - Biggio, Johnson, Martinez and Smoltz
2016 Inductees - Griffey and Piazza

No comments: