Friday, March 20, 2015

2014 Topps Opening Day Blue #206 Carlos Ruiz

Phillies 7, Yankees 3
Spring Training Game 17 - Thursday Night, March 19th in Tampa
Record - 9-7-1

One Sentence Summary:  Chase Utley had two more hits and scored a pair of runs while Cody Asche and Darin Ruf both hit their first home runs of the spring in a 7-3 win over the Yankees.

What It Means:  This is the only night game the Phillies will play in Florida this spring and I was very happy ESPN was broadcasting the game.  The broadcasters didn't actually talk about the game at all, but my mute button solved that issue quickly.

What Happened:  Utley, Carlos Ruiz and Ryan Howard all contributed to this victory making it seem just like old times.  Aaron Harang gave up two runs (one earned) on two hits in his three innings of work.

Featured Card:  Topps Opening Day was released yesterday, which makes my oldest son Doug extremely happy.  He's started sorting his new cards (courtesy of our local Target) and I would expect I'll have his want list posted shortly.  This shiny blue Opening Day Ruiz card from last year was one of the newer cards included in the recent package received from Section 36.  Doug has allowed me to keep the card in my collection for now.

No comments: