Saturday, March 14, 2015

2014 Topps Manufactured Commemorative Team Logo Patch #CP-23 Chase Utley

Phillies 2, Rays 1
Spring Training Game 11 - Friday Afternoon, March 13th in Clearwater
Record - 6-4-1

One Sentence Summary:  It was just like the good ole' days as offense from Ryan Howard and Chase Utley paced the Phillies to a 2-1 win over the Rays.

What It Means:  Utley saw his first action of the spring, going 1 for 2 with a single as the team's DH.

What Happened:  Howard's two-run home run in the fourth gave the team all the runs they'd need for the victory.  Phillies pitchers, led by Joely Rodriguez and Jesse Biddle, limited the Rays to four hits and one unearned run.

Featured Card:  I haven't featured an Utley baseball card in a game summary post since way back on August 11th.  He was due.

Earlier in the week, I featured the manufactured patch card of Domonic Brown from the 2014 Topps set, and I've featured Utley's card from the same insert set here.  I liked this card so much that I bought an extra one for my son Doug's collection.

No comments: