Thursday, October 1, 2009

2010 Chachi Prototype #EB Eric Bruntlett

2010: A Chachi Odyssey, Part 9
In which certain contenders are eliminated

This elimination may be a little controversial, but the 1972 Topps set was given the boot from consideration for the 2010 Chachi set.

Pros: It's 1972 Topps. It's super groovy and far out. Can you dig it?

Cons: I'll be the first one to say I love this baseball card set. It's quirky, it's got bizarre subsets (Pictures of Awards, Boyhood Photos, In Action cards that in some cases display no action) and who could argue with the Electric Company vibe of the design? In the end, I just don't know if I have it in me to create a 70 to 80-card Phillies set using just this design. And the card fronts don't feature the player's position - a virtual must for any good Chachi set.

No comments: