Thursday, October 1, 2009

2010 Chachi Prototype #CH Cole Hamels

2010: A Chachi Odyssey, Part 8
In which certain contenders are eliminated

The 1970 Topps set was the first to go as a contender for the 2010 Chachi set. This set intrigued me especially since the proprietor of White Sox Cards clued me in on the font most likely used for the set - a quaint little cursive font called Koffee.

Pros: I like the Koffee font. It's different and cool. The 1970 Topps set has a few of the requisite cards needed for a good Chachi set - the team card, multiple-player rookie cards for my coaches' cards, good checklists, leaders cards, even fancy black and white Postseason cards.

Cons: The design is a little drab, isn't it? If this is the design I'm going to be looking at all year on my Phillies Wall I want it to at least be a little more cheery.

2 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

1970 was on the top of my list

Jim said...

There's always 2011. You'll have to lobby a member of the Committee.