Friday, March 1, 2024

Spring Training Game 4 - Phils and Twins Finish in Tie

2023 Chachi #36
Phillies 3
, Twins 3
Spring Training Game 4 - Tuesday Afternoon, February 27th in Fort Myers
Record - 2-1-1

One Sentence Summary:  The Phillies played to a tie against the Twins in Fort Myers.

What It Means:  Admittedly every spring I tell myself I'm going to watch or listen to every spring Phillies game, and then usually by the third of fourth game I've stopped following along live and I'm ready for the regular season to start.  Such is the case again this year.

What Happened:  The Phillies scored their runs on an RBI double from Trea Turner in the third, and a two-run home run from David Dahl in the seventh.  Cristopher Sanchez got the start and looked good in his two innings, allowing a hit while striking out one.  In the bottom of the ninth, with the Phillies leading 3-0, pitching prospect Brett Schulze got two quick outs but then allowed five straight batters to reach.  The Twins would tie the game with Schulze charged with the blown save.

Featured Card:  It will be interesting to see where Sanchez fits in the Phillies' starting pitching rotation.  With Zack Wheeler, Aaron Nola, Ranger Suarez and Taijuan Walker all but guaranteed spots, Sanchez could find himself once again as the team's fifth starter.  Or he could start the year in Triple-A as eventual rotation depth.  I only have four Sanchez cards in my Phillies collection, and as all have already appeared on my blog, I'll re-feature his 2023 Chachi card.

Camp Head Count:  62

No comments: