Monday, March 4, 2024

Spring Training Game 10 - Phils Lose, but Bohm Continues to Hit

2024 Topps Royal Blue #266
Braves 3
, Phillies 2
Spring Training Game 10 - Sunday Afternoon, March 3rd in North Port
Record - 4-3-3

One Sentence Summary:  Alec Bohm was 3 for 3 at the plate, but the rest of the Phillies couldn't get much offense going in this 3-2 loss to the Braves.

What It Means:  I settled down to watch this game on TV on Sunday afternoon, having worked most of the previous day, only to find the game was not being televised.  Bummer.  Turns out I didn't really miss much.

What Happened:  Eight Phillies relievers combined to hold the Braves to three runs on five hits, with Connor Brogdon and Yunior Marte starting the game with two scoreless frames.  Minor league call-up Paxton Thompson allowed a two-run home run to Orlando Arcia in the sixth inning, and that was the difference in the ballgame.  Jake Cave had a nice day too, going 2 for 3.

Featured Card:  I mentioned this card in my First Phillie post over the weekend, so I'm glad Bohm gave me an excuse to show it here.  This is the base set Royal Blue parallel, which may not work well with say the Diamondbacks or the Athletics, but it looks great on a Phillies card.  I do wish Topps had taken the extra step of using team coordinated borders for its 2024 flagship set, but I still think the design is fantastic.

With Bohm's 3 for 3 day, he raised his spring average to a gaudy .714.

Camp Head Count:  62

No comments: