Saturday, September 3, 2022

Game 130 - Nola, Phils Drop Another Brutal Game to D-Backs

1936 Diamond Stars #92
Diamondbacks 12
, Phillies 3
Game 130 - Late Tuesday Night, August 30th in Phoenix
Record - 72-58, 3rd Place, 10 games behind the Mets

Post-Vacation Catch-Up II, Post 10 of 11

One Sentence Summary:  Aaron Nola suffered through his worst start of the year and Diamondbacks' starting pitcher Zac Gallen baffled the Phillies line-up in this 12-3 loss.

What It Means:  For the second night in a row, the Phillies were seemingly overmatched by the Diamondbacks, a team with a losing record.  Gallen improved to 10-2, lowering his ERA to 2.53 with seven shutout innings.

What Happened:  Nola was hit hard, giving up eight runs on 10 hits, including a three-run home run to Jake McCarthy in the fifth.  McCarthy had earlier hit a two-run triple in the second.  The only offense from the Phillies came on Brandon Marsh's three-run home run in the eighth, his first as a Phillie.  Nick Maton pitched the ninth for the Phillies, allowing three runs.  It was Maton's first appearance on the mound this season, and the second relief appearance of his career.

Featured Card:  With no clear featured card subject evident from this awful game, here's a card that was waiting for me in the mail when we returned from our wonderful trip to Walt Disney World.  This card officially puts me over half-way point in my quest to collect 118 cards from the 1934-36 Diamond Stars set, and I'm tracking my progress over at my Diamond Stars blog.  I'll soon be jailbreaking Ethan Allen from his slabbed encasement so that I can add the card to my set's binder.

No comments: