Thursday, June 25, 2015

2015 Topps Museum Collection #24 Maikel Franco

Phillies 11, Yankees 6
Game 73 - Tuesday Night, June 23rd in New York
Record - 26-47, 5th Place, 13 games behind the Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  It was the Maikel Franco show (again) as the young third baseman drove in five runs (again) and led the Phillies on an 11-6 romp of the Yankees.

What It Means:  I wish I knew!  While violent storms were rolling through South Jersey Tuesday night, we (briefly) lost power and we were without cable, internet or cell service for the evening*.  I wanted desperately to listen to this game, but I was in the dark (literally).

What Happened:  Unbelievably but true, Franco became the first Phillies player with back-to-back five RBI games since the RBI became an official statistic in 1920.  Cesar Hernandez and Ben Revere both remained hot with three hits a piece and Cameron Rupp hit his first career home run.

Featured Card:  Of course Franco gets the honors for the second game in a row.

Transaction:  Following this game, Chase Utley was placed on the disabled list with ankle inflammation.  I find it intriguing that the Phillies are saying that Utley is out "indefinitely" which could be one way the club lets the struggling second baseman ride off quietly into the sunset.  Only time will tell.  Darin Ruf was recalled from the IronPigs to take Utley's spot on the roster.

*And last night too, but The Phillies Room World HQ is now back up and running!

2 comments:

Steve F. said...

"I wanted desperately to listen to this game, but I was in the dark (literally)."

You need to get one of these new-fangled devices called a "radio".

;->

P.S. If you couldn't tell from my rash of posts today, my work has removed Phillies Room from its "website prohibited for sexual content" category!

Jim said...

I'm glad my blog has been cleared from the banned list!